About Me

This is a love story and it is a story about Love. Love finds us in the midst of brokenness, brings us out of darkness and sets freedom in our hearts. Once we have experienced freedom, the chains of control are repulsive and will never again be accepted as a substitute for a life of love.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Lover of my soul: Healer of my scars

I remember the first day I met Kari. Working at CFNI (Christ For The Nations), organizing worship conferences and the like, you meet alot of people that everyone else is swooning over... and yes, those super-spiritual in the Christian circles swoon like everyone else when they meet a Kim Walker, Brian and Jenn Johnson or whoever else is considered 'famous' in the Christian world.

About 2 years ago, while preparing for a worship conference, Kari came up to me, hugged me really hard and said "Nicole! I've missed you, how are you?" Yeah... she thought I was my twin sister, who was the event coordinator (aka: boss) for the worship conferences/ recordings at CFNI. But in that moment, I noticed her genuine interest and pure concern for others. She wasn't like alot (need I say ALOT again?) of the christian speakers that were invited to CFNI- the ones to thought they were too good for everyone else, who had that nasty attitude that made you never ever want to invite them back. She was true and real.
So, since then I've had this distant respect for the sweet girl who thought I was my twin sister.

Good song for the day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment